You can never be fully prepared for an accident. However, you can make sure that your friend or companion immediately receives the necessary help. Learn how to act in the case of various accidents.
- Place a warning triangle on the road and mark the accident site with it.
- Do not move the victim without need for it, only do it if it is absolutely necessary.
- First, help victims with a life-threatening condition.
- When giving first aid, assume that the victim may have injured their cervical vertebrae. Therefore, support their head and neck so that the victim can breathe.
- If the victim has an open wound and is bleeding heavily, stop the bleeding by applying pressure directly to the wound.
- You can also stop the bleeding with a pressure bandage.
- Avoid direct contact with the victim’s blood, always use rubber gloves when possible.
- For minor wounds, use a plaster to stop the bleeding. The plaster must completely cover the wound.
- Call 112.
- Answer all questions honestly.
- Describe where the accident occurred (state the most accurate address possible) and what kind of accident it is.
- Do not hang up until you receive permission to do so.
- Stay with the victim until help arrives.
- Take first-aid courses to improve your first-aid knowledge!